Pre-Swim Breakfast (on the lighter side due to my late night quinoa casserole binge last night)
- One piece Brown rice toast
- 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
- 1/2 Cup coffee with Soy Milk and Stevia-haven’t had any coffee since Thursday
Swim 5:45-7:00 a.m.
Went pretty well. Still puzzled that although we are swimming outside, the pool and ambient temperature feels cold. Brrr…..I wasn’t the only one shivering. How can that be in the summer in Las Vegas?
- small handful Raw Almonds
2 Cups Green Smoothie (made 3 Cups but gave a cup to Tempo. As soon as he hears the blender fired up, he starts to drool! LMAO!!!)
- 2 Cups Spinach
- 1 small nectarine
- 1/2 mango
- 2 Tbsp Vitamineral Green Powder
- 1 Orange
- 1 Banana
- 1 Tbsp Bee Pollen
10:15 a.m. Egg Sandwich
- 1 Ezeikel English Muffin, toasted
- 1 egg plus 1/4 Cup Egg Whites, scrambled
- Sliced Tomato
- Radish Sprouts
- Salt and Pepper
Thought I was getting right on the bike but had to take a call…
11:15 a.m. Bike Ride
Note: Ate Chocolate Brownie Clif bar after 45 minutes of biking within 2 hour workout)
2 hour indoor bike ride with a little work thrown in. Would have loved to have ridden outside, but it was hot and windy. Decided to keep with this week’s theme and download a bunch of Michael Jackson songs onto my Ipod. This included “We are the World” which is vintage 1983? 1985? Anyway, it’s about a 7 minute song and I played it three times to try and identify as many of the artists who performed in it. This “game” with “We are the World” diminished some of the monotony that goes along with indoor biking. Kudos to Joe Cocker’s part in it, but what was up with Bob Dylan (go smoke another one, Bob…)???? I decided during the 3rd time around that the song should be remade every 25 years with artists who were are current–Today’s remake could have Lady Gaga, Kayne West, Jason Mraz, Green Day, Kid Rock, Kelly Clarkson, Maroon 5, Miley Cyrus, Jamie Foxx, Taylor Swift, The Fray, and ALL finalists of American Idol–love you Adam Lambert!– etc. Then you could put it out to the public for a vote on who is better-the orginal or the remake. hmmm. One of the advantages to riding on a trainer is that I could sit up and sway my upraised arms back and forth to “We are the World” (kinda like a concert) and feel SO in touch with the artists, most notably, MJ. Noone around but me to laugh at myself. Listened to some old Jackson 5 tracks and cuts from “Off the Wall” and “Thriller”. While I am aware that “Thriller” outsold “Off the Wall” by millions, I prefer the tracks from the latter. Threw in some Katy Perry and Live for good measure.
The other thought I had while biking is that I wondered how many of my friends had THE Farrah Fawcett poster hanging in their bedroom?
Post bike ride
- 1/2 GT Komboucha (Guava Goddess flavor)
- Smoothie (wasn’t really hungry but keeping my fueling debacle from the other day at top of mind, I made myself a smoothie
- 1 Cup Strauss Creamery Organic Yogurt (threw my dairy rule out the window on this one, but I really respect the integrity of the product–note, 14 grams of protein per cup)
- 1 banana
- 2 Tbsp ground Flax Seed
- 1 small nectarine
- 1 Plum
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds
- 1 small handful raw almonds (about 12
3:15 p.m. Some core work and pushups
- Other half of Guava Goddess Kombucha
- 12 or so Raw Almonds
- Slew of Vitamins and Chlorella tablets
5:45 p.m (before work)
- 1/2 Avocado
- 1/2 Tomato
- 1 Carrot, Shredded
- Radish Sprouts
- 1 Stalk of Celery
- 1 Tbsp Flax Meal
- 1 Can water Packed Tuna (not “Gourmet” but I had it in the house and was on the go!)
- 1 Tbsp Chia seeds…yes, those are the starter seeds for that cute little Chia pet you knew and loved during the ’80’s. Some of my lesser “manscaped” friends remind me of them (we’re talking legs here–okay guys, just trying to get you to shave ’em!) Tons of nutrients packed within such little seeds! Sprinkle them on anything or blend into a smoothie. Warning–they do get gelatinous when wet (kinda like teeny tiny pieces of tapioca)
Hammer Raw Cashew and Chocolate Bar–I was so hungry and knew I wouldn’t get home until after midnight–At work and have limited options on what I can eat. Actually, no options unless I bring my own food and bars are the easiest–I realize that I have eaten two today and I really try to keep that to 1. Unless I am doing ALOT of training.
Glass of homemade Sangria–I made this almost a week ago, it’s the gift that keeps giving!
R.I.P Michael Jackson. And Farrah, I’m so sorry that the significance of your passing has been overshadowed by the magnitude of MJ’s persona.
Happy Training. And Eating!!