I’ll be back to posting pictures soon–Whistler is spectacular and if you haven’t been here, you really need to stick it on your bucket list.
- 52 degrees this morning at 6:30 a.m.—it’s gonna be cold tomorrow
- 40 minute spin on the Lifecycle in the gym as it was raining outside
- 30 kilometers of mostly uphill we clocked on the last leg of the bike course today. Holy S&%$
- 24 ounces of custom green smoothie made with 2 bananas, 1 package raw protein powder, 2 cups spinach and ½ cucumber that I enjoyed at breakfast with 2 GF English muffins (9:30 a.m.) The Four Seasons is BY FAR the most service oriented hotel at which I’ve ever stayed
- 18 Medjool Dates I put in my Bento Box on the bike for tomorrow’s fuel
- 15 Raw oysters that I slurped down between 3:30 and 4:00 this afternoon (I believe that they were from Joyce Point)
- 12 Shoulder presses with 10# weights that I did until I stopped and said (WTF, I’ve got a RACE tomorrow)
- 10 hours of sleep that I got last night
- 3 kind of Alcohol we tasted at the Pemberton Distillery this afternoon-such a cool place
- 2.5 Minutes that I was stuck in the Elevator going down to the gym to ride inside because it was raining (hope that I never get carjacked and locked in the trunk-I’m so claustrophobic)
- 2 Baked Potatoes and a bowl of Quinoa the chef made me for dinner. So my prerace Ironman dinner consisted of 15 raw oysters, 2 virgin bloody marys, 1 baked potato, 1 bowl of quinoa, left over fruit, 1/2 of a GT Kombucha and glass of wine over 2 hours)
- 1 long night that it took Bravo to film the Real Housewives of Orange County in the Barefoot Vodka Lounge in Whistler Village. Tamra, idiot that she is, licked the wall and got her tongue stuck to it a la Christmas Story). We hit The Barefoot Bistro for the raw oysters this afternoon
- 1 Gorgeous Fruit Plate with trail mix sticky cookie-crackers and apology note from the Hotel on Elevator Debacle (thoroughly impressed by the note)
- 1 glug of Real Maple Syrup in my “Canadiano” coffee this morning
- A Hundred Million guys that I saw in compression sleeves and lycra walking around the Whistler village…ummmmmmm
- 100% sure that I am going to be back here racing the FULL IRONMAN next year (none of this wimpy “aqua-bike-because-my-damn-achilles-sucks”) racing. If anyone is interested note that it is moving to July 27th.
I’ll be out there giving it my all on the swim and the bike tomorrow. Don’t be alarmed if you don’t see run splits for me……..I’m *sure* that it is Ironman’s Athlete Tracker that goes down-not me-LOL
Best of luck to Angie, Aaron Gardner and Diana Noble in Louisville tomorrow and a HUGE congrats to Gina Correll for CRUSHING her age group in the Santa Barbara long course today.