10 minPrep Time
10 minCook Time
20 minTotal Time
- 4 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Egg Whites
- 1 Teaspoon Vegetable oil
- 1 Small Spanish onion Diced Small
- 1 Cup Broccoli Cut very small
- 1/2 Red pepper Diced small
- 1/2 Cup Grated sweet potato
- 1/2 Cup Grated cheese
- 1/2 Cup Milk (Cow's Milk, Goat's Milk, Soy, Rice or Almond)
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9" x 9" baking pan.
- In a saute pan heat 1 tsp oil. Saute onion and red pepper until onions or translucent (about 3 minutes). Add broccoli and cook for an addtional two minutes
- In medium bowl, Whisk together egg whites and eggs. Add salt and pepper, onions, peppers, broccoli, sweet potato and 1/4 cupcheese
- Transfer to baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until frittata is set.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese. This will met while it cools
- Enjoy with a fresh fruit salad.
We always look for ways to save preparation and clean up time. You can saute onions, peppers and broccoli in an 8"-9" oven proof pan and add remaining ingredients directly to the pan. Reduce baking time by a couple of minutes as saute pan is already hot.