30 minPrep Time
30 minTotal Time
- 1 Medium Red pepper Seeds removed and cut into 4 pieces
- 1/2 Medium Onion Peeled and cut into 2 wedges
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 6 Large Garlic Cloves Peeled
- 1/4 Cup Hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Pimenton Hot or sweet depending on preference
- 1/2 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Sherry Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Flat Leaf Parsley Finely chopped
- Heat a large sauté pan over high heat until very hot.
- Place Red Pepper (skin side down) and Onion and cook undisturbed until a slight char forms on the bottom of each.
- Rotate Onion a quarter turn and slightly blacken the other side
- Turn off pan and remove Onion and Red Pepper. Note: you can also roasted the Pepper and Onion over a grill
- Let pan cool for 5 minutes, and then add a tablespoon of Olive Oil.
- Cook 6 cloves of garlic over medium heat until they start to turn light brown. Remove from heat with the oil.
- Add Hazelnuts to pan and roast over medium heat, shaking periodically, for about 5 minutes
- Combine Red Pepper, Garlic, Onion, Hazelnuts, Pimenton, Red Pepper Flakes, Salt and Pepper in food processor or blender (note: a blender will typically produce a smoother sauce).
- Pulse until herbs and parsley are coarsely minced
- Drizzle in Olive and Vinegar
- Transfer to bowl and top with Flat Leaf Parsley