5 minPrep Time
5 minTotal Time
- 2 Mangos peeled and diced into small pieces
- 1/2 Medium Red onion Finely diced
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro leaves Roughly chopped
- 1/2 Small Red chilly jalapeno, serrano or fresno work well), seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Pinch Sea salt
- This is one of those easy, versatile and vibrant salsas that can be used on chicken, fish or in a taco. Mangos are at their peak usually in the winter monthes, and we love there tropical, juicy flavors which fool you into thinking it's summer (well, almost). You can remove their skins with a wide mouth peeler or a knife. Be careful when cutting the flesh, as they are very slippery. Within a chile, most of the heat lies in the membrane, so remove all or most of it if you want to "dial" the heat down.
- Preparation Combine all ingredients in bowl. You can make up to 4 hours in advance. If you prepare it before that, the flavors become slightly dull and the cilantro will fade in color.