10 minPrep Time
35 minCook Time
45 minTotal Time
- 4 Medium Sweet Potatoes peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (large chunk)
- 1 Medium Spanish (yellow) Onion peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces (large chunk)
- 2 Clove Garlic peeled
- Water enough to cover by 1 inch
- 1/2 Cup Grade B Maple Syrup or 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Chipotles in Adobo found in a can in the Hispanic section of Grocery Store
- 1/4 Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice or Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Cup Milk (Soy, Cow, Rice, Almond)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place Sweet Potatoes, Onion and Garlic in 4 quart plus-size pot and cover with water.
- Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium. Cook until Potatoes are tender--about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly to make handling easier. Add Syrup and Chipotle Chiles
- Transfer to blender (in batches) and puree until smooth. Return mixture to heat and bring up to almost a boiling point. Reduce heat to simmer and add Lime Juice, Milk, Salt and Pepper to order