Baked Sweet Potato with Over Easy Eggs
- 1/2 Large Sweet Potato ( I usually bake one and eat ½ for breakfast—it depends how hungry you are or what your activity is going to be)
- 2 Eggs (pastured is best—the nutrient content is significantly higher)
- 2 Teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp Seeds
- Salt and Pepper to season
- If using an oven, preheat to 425 degrees. Make a couple of pricks in Sweet Potato and bake until soft—about 1 hour
- If using a microwave (as most of us on busy in the mornings do) make a couple of pricks in Sweet Potato and cook about 9-11 minutes depending on microwave. It’s best if you throw it in while your getting ready for work. It’s okay if it cools down for 20-30 minutes. If I have to “microwave”, I usually cook it while I’m at Dog Beach and eat it about an hour later…..it’s still warm
- Cut and open up Sweet Potato and put on plate. Add Hemp Seeds
- Heat small sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add Coconut Oil and swirl until cover pan
- Crack two Eggs into pan
- Cook until white are almost completely set. Flip once and immediately slide onto prepared potato.
- Season with Sea Salt and Pepper and enjoy. I always add a little extra salt.