- This event has passed.
Healthy South of the Border-Let’s Celebrate Cinqo de Mayo
April 25, 2012 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm$48.47
Tequila……….go ahead, sing the song. Or just hum it. Gather a friend or two and celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Join Foodsense, Now! and celebrate with creative, seasonal and healthy dishes inspired by the holiday. Vegetarians and omnivores alike will enjoy this menu as Leslie will also show you how to make any dish vegetarian or vegan (three of the dishes already are). You will make a meal of all dishes prepared in class and will receive easy to follow recipes that you can recreate at home.
- Shrimp Skewers and Jicama with Zesty Guacamole
- Cumin-Spiced Black Bean Tacos with Epazote Slaw and Mango-Cilantro Salsa and Cashew Crema
- Pan Seared Chicken with Chimmichurri Sauce
- Lime and Tangerine-Kissed White Sangria with Sea Salt Rim (Tequila, anyone?)
- Energy Bars in a Pinata (okay, that’s a joke…seriously athletes, it’s a joke but we demonstrate really good energy bars in another class)
- Chocolate-Chipotle Cream Tart (Healthy, Raw and Vegan)