Triple Ginger Grain Free Gingerbread
You’ll fall in love with this yummy fall baking project! A grain-free, healthier dessert option, our Triple Ginger Gingerbread brings out the strong, spicy flavors that provide comfort in the cooling autumn season. Ginger is certainly the star of this show, appearing in three different forms: grated, ground and candied.
Another important character is revealed in the option for pureed pumpkin, squash or sweet potato, which offers a hidden source of vitamins and minerals. Molasses and maple syrup round out the cast to provide a depth of sweetness that can’t be beat. Bake up this sweet-tooth friendly recipe up as individual muffins or pour into a cake pan and slice to serve.
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 people 1x
- Category: Got a Sweet Tooth?
- 2 cup large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup pumpkin, sweet potato, or butternut squash puree
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup blackstrap molasses
- ¾ cup + 2 tbsp cashew butter (or other nut butter) at room temperature
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ cup diced candied ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350F, and line a regular size muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs well until uniform in color. In order of the ingredient list, add each one at a time, except the candied, whisking well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared 8” x 8” pan.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes at 350F, or until set in the center. The baking time will vary as to the temperature of eggs and other ingredients.
- Allow cooling in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks, or freeze for 6 months in a tightly sealed container.
- Calories: 135