This “no-greens” salad can be enjoyed as a light stand-alone plate or as part of a meal. The roasting technique brings out the sweetness of the peppers, which are then cut into strips and tossed with briny capers, bright lemon zest and parsley. Full of both fiber and flavor, be sure to add this to your recipe favorites.Print
Roasted Sweet Pepper Salad with Lemon, Capers and Parsley
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salads & Veggies
- 3 orange, yellow and or red peppers, bottoms trimmed off and 4 panels cut down each side
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp capers, roughly chopped
- t tsp lemon zest
- 1 tsp sherry vinegar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and grated
- Additional salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the bottoms off each pepper. Standing each upright, cut four rectangles off each side. Pinch off any flesh that it on close to the stem.
- Place all the pepper pieces onto the lined baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the pan in the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, in a medium bowl, combine the cumin, capers, lemon zest, sherry vinegar, parsley and garlic.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and let them cool. This can be done a day in advance. When cool, cut the pepper pieces into 1/3 inch strips.
- Place the pepper pieces in the bowl and combine with the caper mixture. Season with additional salt and pepper if desired.