Sweet Roasted Carrots with Everything but the Bagel Spice
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 people 1x
- Category: Salads & Veggies
- 8 cups dry carrot slices (sliced ½ inch thick and enough to spread into a single layer onto the baking sheet) or “oblique” cut
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼–½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Everything but the Bagel seasoning ((optional))
- Preheat the oven to 425° degrees.
- Line an 11” x 17” baking sheet with parchment paper, aluminum foil or a silicone baking sheet.
- Place the dry carrot pieces onto the baking sheet. Add the oil and salt and toss together.
- Spread the carrots evenly over the baking sheet. You do not want more than a single layer or else the carrot will steam and not roast.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven. Cook for 25-35 minutes, or until the carrots are slightly caramelized on the edges. Open the oven halfway through the cooking process for about 5-7 seconds in order to let any steam out (this will produce a crispier carrot). The variance in the cooking time depends on how big or small the carrot pieces are and if they are at room temperature or cold.
- Remove the carrots from the oven. Sprinkle with the Everything but the Bagel seasoning.
- Calories: 98