Basic Roasted Broccoli
A tasty, nutritious side dish, roasting broccoli is a delightful departure from the usual steaming. Filled with fiber, vitamins C, E and K, as well as folate, roasted broccoli is a great way to squeeze in a quick, healthy side or snack on a busy Tuesday night—or really any night of the week!
This same recipe works great for other cruciferous vegetables, too. To ensure the crispiest possible veggies, be sure that they are dry and not crowded on the pan. Once the broccoli is roasted, eat immediately and embrace #allthecrispiness. For extra fun, feel free to get creative with different seasonings and dips, or just enjoy them plain!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 1.5 cups 1x
- Category: Salads & Veggies, The Basics
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 2–3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 425° F degrees.
- On a parchment or Silpat-lined baking sheet, toss together the broccoli florets, olive oil and salt.
- Place the broccoli in the oven and cook for 15 minutes. Open the oven door for 10 seconds to release any steam. This will result in crispier broccoli. Close the oven door and cook another 10-15 minutes-until the broccoli is crispy and slightly browned.
- Remove the broccoli from the oven and enjoy immediately (yay crispy goodness) or store in the refrigerator (loses crispy goodness but still ah-mazing!).
Brussels sprouts (cut in half) 25 minutes
Carrots 35 minutes
Cauliflower florets 30 minutes
Large diced purple cabbage 25 minutes