Elote Corn on the Cob
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Category: Salads & Veggies
- 8 ears corn, husks intact
- 1/2 Cup plain Greek yogurt and/or high quality mayonaise or vegan mayonaise
- chili powder
- chopped cilantro
- crumbled or grated cheese (parmesan or cotija)
- sea salt
- lime wedges
- hot sauce
- Preheat the oven the 400 or the grill to medium-high.
- Place ears of corn with husk onto a sheet pan and into a 400-degree oven or in medium-high place indirectly on the grill and close the lid. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove the corn from the oven. Let it cool for 10 minutes and remove the husks. It will still be warm. The corn silk will mostly dissipate during the cooking process.
- Roll each ear in the Greek yogurt or high-quality mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle each ear with chili powder, cumin, chopped cilantro, and/or cheese.
- Additions include a squeeze of lime, a dash of hot sauce, and/or a sprinkling of sea salt.