Mango and Shrimp Ceviche
Ceviche is traditionally made with raw fish that is “cooked” in lime juice but we’ve made this even easier by using cooked shrimp. If possible, use the smaller champagne or Ataulfo mangoes as they are much sweeter. If you choose to use regular or frozen mangoes, you might want to balance the acidic lime juice with a little orange juice or agave nectar
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Total Time: 15 min
- 1 cup 31-40 shrimp, cooked, peeled, deveined and cut into 1/3 inch pieces
- 1 each Mango or 1⁄2 cup Frozen Mango pieces, cut into small diced pieces.
- 3⁄4 cup Cucumber: cut into small diced pieces (about ½ of a cucumber)
- 1⁄2 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup Red Onion, finely diced (about ¼ of a medium onion)
- 1⁄2 tsp. Cumin
- 1⁄4 Cup Lime Juice
- 1⁄2 tsp. Sea Salt
- 2–8 drops hot sauce, or to taste
- In a medium bowl, layer all of the ingredients except lime juice and salt. Place the bowl back into the refrigerator. This can be done the up to a day in advance.
- Within 2 hours of serving, stir all of the ingredients together and add lime juice and salt.
Keywords: appetizer, ceviche