Oven Roasted Yogurt Curry Salmon Bites
This recipe one for busy days as it takes just under 30 minutes to make. Don’t be intimidated by the number of spices in this recipe—they are easy to gather and, along with the caramelization of the natural sugars in the yogurt, add so much flavor to the salmon.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 40 min
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Course
Ingredients for the marinade + salmon
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1–1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp ground red or ancho chili pepper
- zest + the juice of 1 lime
- 1 ¼ lb salmon, skin removed and cut into 1–1/2 inch pieces
- 1 tsp olive oil or cooking spray
- ½ tsp salt
Ingredients to accompany the salmon
- 6–8 corn tortillas, heated
- 2 Roma tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise then thinly sliced crosswise
- ½ cup finely sliced red onion
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup Greek-style yogurt
- Lime wedges for squeezing
- In a large bowl, combine all the marinade ingredients. Add the salmon and toss until well coated in the marinade.
- Let the salmon marinate for 10-30 minutes. Spray or brush the lined baking sheet with oil. While the salmon is marinading, prepare the tortillas, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro and lime.
- Spread the salmon out on the prepared baking tray. Sprinkle with the salt and place the baking sheet into the preheated oven. Roast the salmon for 10 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from the oven and serve immediately with tortilla wraps, tomatoes, red onion, cilantro leaves and Greek yogurt.